Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Own Shopaholic Experience





Coming from the experience of 'Confessions of A Shopaholic', I went to the opening of the fab new store Uniqlo at the east of our sunny island. The usual shopaholic sensibility tells me to go after the lunch hour and before the office hour ends to avoid the crowds. But BOY! was i wrong! Take a look at my pics below and you can see the crowd that i had to fight thru, just to get outside the store. After all tat elbowing, there was already a long queue snakeing to the outside alley! I tot to myself that must be for some official opening freebies or something. Thereby, i coyly tried to just walk past that going thru the partially closed entrance. Of Cos, by Murphy's Law, I was STOPPED by a tall huge store employee. Telling me i had to get-in-line! Was i 'shocked' to hear this. ;-)
But all was worth it after just a short 10 mins wait in line. The stuff inside is well worth the effort to queue! The Store is bigger than i expected and its about 3 times a normal Giordano or Bossini store. There is accessories/bags, ladies wear, and even kids wear. Everything fits, cos its asian fit. And the Japanese design sensibility is just my cuppa. Cheeky and hip and cutesy. And not overly designed. In other words, minimalist. Also, all the stuff is kinda cheap! hehehe... So i bought their Skinny Fit Tapered Basic Jeans in Green, Polo Shirt and lots of t-shirts. Some of their very nice Celebration Ts is only $20!

No comments: