Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 3, 2005

Fr more of me


'2 Find U'
If i asked u a question
Would u look me in the eyes?
Has our love been built on lies?
Well, why i'm asking
U see, the time is now
2 turn our backs forever
Or work this thru' somehow
And i want 2 see u
I want 2 feel new again

Hey, U
Do not walk away
Let's choose love, come on
What do you say?
Hey, U
Know that i would spend
my whole life all over again
2 Find U....

We've layered hurt on hurt
I've seen pain cloud your eyes
But we're bruised, not broken
Like a phoenix, love will rise
And do u see me?
Do u feel new again?
look in my eyes
Kiss my mouth hard
let your conviction
Reassure my heart promise me now
I'll promise u, too i love u
-------- by Jewel

The lyric is a bit cheesy especially the phoenix part but, she is singing with BIG emotions in this song of hers. Even she says in her liner notes tat she's hurting when she was singing this! Hmmm.... Anyway, i'm a big sucker for emotional songs. Listen to this if you got a chance! It is so heart-wrenching yet uplifting and optimistic at the same time. What more can you ask from a song? The whole album is even and consistent with nice songs throughout too.


----------------Dated 26/09/03-----------------------

'Way Beyond'
Driving with your handbrake on
But you can't smell the burning
Colliding with oblivion
Just to keep heads turning
Man I want some pretty cash
It's ugly all that saving
Cause we could get so fabulous
When we're out Rolex raving
No craving
Oh we're way beyond our means
To buy these crazy things
Oh we're wasting our whole lives
In a struggle to survive
Get yourself in debt for me
The Grass don't get no greener
Have it all so far upfront
It doesn't take a dreamer,
a beamer
Oh we're way beyond our means
We love these spending sprees
Oh we're are wasting all our time
On some production line
Driving down the rubbish chute
We'll be OK if we uproot
'Cause I don't need no heavy family
Holding me
----- by Morcheeba

Some lyrics that affected me (the shopperholic in me ; p). So, be careful with that credit card of yours now. I know I will. The last verse has also particularly affected me cos i have been quite a selfish bastard to my family....

No comments: